Hey my parents just got an Epic Grand Master 500 system in the mail and I am going to start installing everything for them this weekend. The room they are going in really is an acoustic nightmare, around 20'x20'x25' with hardwood floors and tons of windows. It is pretty sparse furniture wise too. Still fighting with them to at least and a large area rug...lol.

Anyway because of the entry way into the room everything is off center. The TV and furniture are all along the right side of the room (looking from the door towards the back of the room). So if I mount the QS8s on the side walls as should be in 5.1 setups, the right speaker (still looking at back wall) will be in the perfect spot. Between 3-8' depending on where you are sitting on the couch or love seat. However the left side speaker is really far off because of how everything is oriented on the right side of the room. So that QS8 will wind up being anywhere from 10-15' away from the listening position.

So the question is should I just mount them directly behind the couch and love seat on the back wall? I just don't want to kill the back surround with those m60's firing towards them. Thanks for any suggestions!