hmm, ok, there's two things thats confusing me.

FIrst, By biamping, the mid+high will get 60w dedicated. The woofer also gets 60W dedicated. That does not add up to 120W? I'm not quite sure i get it... Unless you're talking about the mid+high and woofer playing in different parts of the freq spectrum, and the mid+high is getting the top half of 60W, the woofer is getting the lower half of 60W, in the end there is stil only 60W into the speaker?

Second, bridging uses one channel for pull, and the other channel for push. As the speaker impedance remains same, with voltage doubled by using the two channels in bridge, the current, hence power should ideally double, and it does with a beefy amp. I have read articles that describe this as each channel now 'seeing' only half of the speaker impedance, hence current doubled. Not too sure how pushing the amp limits with higher current affects how 'controlled' the bass sounds, but i could hear a difference....(EDIT: ok, just read the article linked in above post, describing the amp as seeing half the impedance is just an analogy. I understand that the speaker impedance remains the same, but the higher current strains the amp and drives distortion up)

Still need help with the bi-amping part though : )

Last edited by slack; 07/19/08 02:36 PM. Reason: moderation