Hi,

Now that Axiom's got me covered on the home-theater front, I've started looking for a good pair of headphones to use on my AV receiver 1/4" input. I'd like to hear your recommendations and advices based on the following criterias..

- Can be either open or sealed, preferably open as I don't need to block ambient noise.
- These will be used for both music (mostly alternative/rock/blues), gaming and movies. Music is my top priority obviously.
- Would be great if cord length >= 9ft, as I wouldn't need an extension cable. Detachable cable is also an option, but I guess I would have to go into ultra-expensive options..
- Preferably with a 1/4" plug, but no biggie if it's a mini-plug.

I currently own a pair of Grado SR-60, which I'm very happy with, but the 7.5ft cord is too short from where I'm seating and I find it ridiculous to buy Grado 15ft extension cable at 50$ here in Montreal. The extension is for 1/4" anyway, so it would be kind of ghetto to have the mini-plug into the extension with an adapter. I plan on keeping the SR-60 for my PC and iPod anyway.

Here's some of the models I'm considering :

- Alessandro MS-1 (99$ direct online - no idea on cord length though)
- Sennheiser HD 555 (125$ @ NCIX)
- Sennheiser HD 595 (249$ @ NCIX)

I've yet to see AKG, Denon, Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica products, but I will in the next couple of days..

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thx,