I have owned the 950 forabout 14 months now...I just missed out as having a first generation, but when production was restarted, I got mine within a week or so. I had efficient speakers and noticed the so called "hiss", and the Outlaws gave me a new "hiss free" model in the end of December. The first unit was fantastic, with about the same level of hiss as my 1883 Sony receiver had, and just slightly more than my NAD 7175PE receiver has. That is to say, it was quiet unless I really cranked it, then it became noticable when nothing was playing and the volume was waaaaay up.

Now it is dead quiet. Quiet as it turn it up all the way and put an ear within about 2 inches of the dang speaker! Customer service is superb. The warranty is 5 years. Those who think it is outdated have to have the latest and greatest...I will use this as my main audio controller for many, many years to come. It does everything I want and more, and it was better to my ears than the Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo, Sony, and Yamaha. Only the H/K sounded as good. I never believed in a "break-in" period, or a big difference in solid state sound. Now I believe in both. The Outlaw brought out details I never heard before. Now that I have paired it with the Epic 80 system and an SVS sub (along with an 85 X 5 Parasound amp), detail is astounding!

The bottom line is...MOST of the people who complain about the Outlaw equipment has never owned it! I would also bet that 99% of Outlaw owners are satisfied. Compare that to the horrors that many big brand owners have...especially customer service from these companies.

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!