I'm considering purchasing a slim devices transporter. I've been using a PC to send digital audio (xp, kernel streaming, foobar) to my rx-v2700 receiver for a while now. The receiver is powering a pair of M-60's which I love. Sounds fantastic (at least to me).

I've been toying with the idea of replacing the PC with a NAS solution and then streaming audio and video to various components around the house (laptops, squeezebox, possibly transporter). I just don't need the big noisy PC anymore.

I haven't tested the squeezebox in my setup because I assumed the DAC's in the yamaha would be better (perhaps incorrectly). Obviously I would expect the transporter to be an upgrade, however would my setup even notice? While the m60's are great speakers it seems like most people have about 8 layers of electronics and speakers I've never heard of when they consider themselves to be "audiophile".

Just wondering if anyone had any experience and can comment on whether I would notice a difference with my gear/speakers. What about with the M80's? I've considered going with a dedicated music room/setup as well.

-Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore