I would caution everyone against believing everything professed by cable experts. While there are many respectable designers in the field, due to the extremely subjective nature of cable performance, it has unfortunately attracted those who believe the best feature of a cable is the extreme mark ups in price vs. cost.

I agree that cables make a difference, and in no way infer that the companies mentioned are less than honest, but poor companies are in this field. The problem stems from a lack of quantifiable evidence that Cable Method A is better, or produces a noticable difference than Cable Method B. While amplifier designers can discuss relative merits of Class A vs. Class AB, cable does not have that definitive design principle structure. Electrical measurements can also be proven in other areas, where cables are difficult to prove sonic qualities beyond resistance. I have compared inputs and outputs on an oscilliscope that show horrible degeneration of the sound when compared to another cable that shows no degeneration. The consequences have no bearing, as the sonic qualities were exactly the opposite - poor measured cable sounds better. While this is by no means a completely technical discussion, it simply displays the lack of guiding principles, design theories and the inherent nature of audio subjectivity.