I hosted an audition today for SatKartr and the audio gods clearly conspired against me.

Early in the audition, (before we'd listened to anything of substance), SK asked about how much my second sub in the setup was affecting the sound, at which point I volunteered to unplug it to leave only the 600 running. In the process, I bumped a wire on the input to the sub and completely dropped bass from the equation (though of course I didn't realize it until later).

The next thing we listened to was the Dave Matthews Band Blu-Ray, so the lack of bass wasn't completely apparent to me...

We then switched to U571, which sounded totally odd (bad) to me (lack of bass), but at this point I was thinking maybe it was all the new furniture I put in (after which I hadn't re-run my room calibration).

To make a long story short, I just feel awful that SK did the whole audition without a sub running. SK - I know we already talked on the phone, but again, SO SORRY... mental note to others, don't touch cables during an audition. \:\(

Fortunately, I still think the M80s showed themselves off in full glory on both the DMB Blu-Ray as well as a SpiderMan 3 scene of Mary Jane singing in concert. With that said... I really wish SatKartr could've felt the 600 shake the house.

Bummer... Sorry SK.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry