The problems that Emotiva has had have been with the LMC-1 and some of the XPA-2 & 5 amps mainly. I had to send my LPA-1 in for work but it was fixed promptly. I have now sold it and own the XPA-5. No problems so far with it so far although some people have had blinking lights and bad channels. Don't know if that is a small percentage or more systematic.

I just sent my LMC-1 in for repairs after owning it a year. Funny thing is that I've read about 5 or more people whose LMCs have recently just done the same thing as mine. Coincidental? or is there a problem with some component that lasts a year and faults. Don't know.

As I said before, I really like their products and you can't beat their prices, service and warranty. I believe they have great owners and staff, have great products, R&D and engineering. I also believe that being on their forums allows you to see more of the complaints, issues and returns. People discuss them and you see them. Do they have more complaints & problems than other companies? Don't know, but I know I get concerned when I read about consistent problems. You don't see that here. How many times do we see a problem with an Axiom speaker? Occassionally but not very often. And the percentage for Emotiva is still very low too.

I'm on the preorder list for the UMC-1 and I'm very excited about it. My confidence level is still high but as I've said, I have had problems with 2 of the 3 pieces that I have owned. Both have been fixed quickly but I still had to send them in and do without for awhile.