Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth

Do you have any Paradigm dealer's around? If so, that might be a good place to go to get a bit of the 'flavor' of what Axiom speakers sound like. In my opinion, Paradigm is the 'mainstream' brand that sounds the most like Axiom. They're just more expensive. IMHO, Paradigm Reference Studio 40's sound a lot like M22's, and Reference Studio 100's sound a lot like M80's. I can't say for sure about M2's and M3's, but I'd guess that Studio 20's would be somewhat like M2's.

Energy is another brand you could check out. I haven't heard any of their speakers in a while, but the last time I did hear a set of Veritas's, there was that same neutral, clean sound that Axiom prides itself on.

Moving slightly further away from Axiom's sound but still generally similar would be B&W 7-series speakers. The bookshelf 705's have a similar sound as M22's. 703's sound quite a bit like M80's.

Yet another brand that might give you a taste is Vienna Acoustics. Again, a similar type of neutrality, clarity, and tone as Axiom's - just more expensive.

Good luck!

We certainly have a dealer here who sells Energy, and Paradigm certainly has a big presence in the eastern states, so I'm hopeful of finding some here. B&W are ubiquitous of course.I heard some a while ago and wasn't that impressed, but they weren't the 7 series.

I'm off to a conference in Sydney next month. If I have time I'll see what I can find there.

Shane

Raspberry Pi running Squeezelite->IQAudio Pi-DAC->NAD C320BEE amp->Usher S-520 bookshelf speakers