The same thing happened to my 1400-8 amp. One day it took 3 attempts to turn on, and next a loud noise shot from the speakers while listening to a CD – then the next…nothing.
I called Axiom and they dispatched a new one with 24hrs., then arrived the next day after that!
However, three was a problem with one of the channel inputs (something was blocking the banana plug from staying in. I called and Axiom came through again and sent another one out that day.
However, the stupid US customs held it and I had to fight them to release it and get weekend delivery. Thankfully after making 7 calls on Friday (being disconnected twice) it finally was delivered on Saturday – and thankfully all seems fine as of this writing on Sunday morning.
I first purchased my amp in February of 08’ and since then I have only had complete support from Axiom and they have responded professionally, and swiftly with no questions asked (except to better understand the nature of the problem). Each time I spoke to a person it was a pleasure, even during the weirdness of dealing with customs.
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
- Scott