I can't say enough about the detail, clarity and wonderment from my M60a when I play a really good piece of source material. It blows me away in a relaxed sort of way. My Guests are constantly speechless as well.

However, if you are looking for a holy ____! Jaw Dropping, Blow You Away experience.... You need an outstanding sub.

My usual two quick demos.
"Eagles Hell Freezes Over" concert DVD
It starts with just a few instruments and I watch people sit in amazed anticipation. By the time the hand drums kick in, thier jaw has dropped and they are wide eyed but silent.

After a bit of music, I put in a movie. Master and Commander to start. I watch them look around the room and the ceiling trying to figure out where the sound is coming from. Finally when the canon fire moves in on them and the walls are exploding, you hear various versions of "HOLY _____". If they want the room to shake, I'll pop in the tripod scene from War of the Worlds. I've seen people dig their nails into the arm of my couch during that one.

After the experiencing the musical clarity of really good main speakers, nothing quiet blows you away like a really good sub.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.