Hello sailnunavut and welcome. It's not often that I see someone on the forums that has colder winters than Winnipeg. \:D Now that mountain bike season is coming to a close and I'm prepping for winter, I'm back on the forum and spending more time indoors (by the way is there a mountain bike forum on these boards? \:\) ).

I have the same system that you now have. I also felt as you did for quite some time regarding bass before finding what I now consider my optimal settings (at least for the time being) so I thought I'd share my settings as well as as an observation.

First my settings:

M80s as large with crossover at 80Hz
VP150 as small with crossover at 90Hz
QS8s as small with crossover at 100Hz
LFE is at 100Hz
Subwoofer is set to LFE

I manually set all distances to the actual distance that I measured, I set all channels with an SPL meter and I have Audyssey turned off because I didn't like the sound with it turned on (although I haven't downloaded the new feature set yet).

Now for the observation...If you have your original settings for fronts set to small and sub at LFE or fronts set to large with sub set to LFE + mains and you set your fronts to large, it disables the front crossover while maintaining the existing crossover setting at the time you changed the original setting. Boy does that sound confusing. Let me try to explain.

For example, if the front crossover is set to 40Hz and you set the fronts to large then the 3808 maintains a 40Hz crossover even though it appears disabled. Previously I thought that if the front crossover was disabled in the GUI that the fronts were running full range but I don't think that is the case.

I prefer my fronts set to large and once I realized my observation about the front crossover, I had better luck adjusting my system to my liking.

I hope my 2 cents helps. If I'm wrong then I hope someone corrects me, or at the very least, makes fun of me. \:\/