Nick,

The size thing isn't as much of an issue as I though it'd be, but our average videos now are < 5 minutes in length. I suppose if I were recording an entire recital/soccer game/etc., it would stack up more quickly. I bought a new TB drive at the same time as the camera that is dedicated to video storage. It still takes a long time to fill up (one 16GB card = 2 hours of 1080p video on this camera, which means that it'd take roughly 125 hours of video to fill up a terabyte drive). Considering my drive cost me ~$150, this comes out to $1.20 per hour of video archived, which is still pretty reasonable in my mind. Not as cheap as DVDs, but it's also a lot better quality.

The advantage to keeping them all on your computer is that they are always available for streaming anywhere you have a streaming capable device hooked up to your network and a TV. We have a lot of fun with this feature.

Why would you be burning? Do you make videos and give them to friends/family? If not, and you don't have a PS3 or another way to stream to your TV, you can also hook the camera up directly to your TV/receiver via HDMI out.

(By the way, I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, just giving you some ideas on how I overcame the concerns you are mentioning).

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry