Just these past two weeks I rented the blu-ray versions of "Speed Racer" (from Warner Bros) and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (from New Line). Both of these are movies for kids, but I thought that there might be some enjoyment watching these so I rented them. Come to find out both only have compressed Dolby 5.1 as the only english audio option. "Speed Racer" had several different Dolby 5.1 language options like Spanish, Portuguese, French, but no uncompressed English audio. "Journey to the Center of the earth" comes this way as part of a 3-disc version. Yet, the tv show "Weeds", for example, gets (unnecessarily) a 7.1 DTS Master audio sound track. There could have been just a lossless 2.0 or at most 5.1 soundtrack on this particular tv show. So, the studios can do this tv show right, but not the big budget action movies? Obviously, most kids don't care if they watch a blu-ray or a 4:3 version of a dvd with Dolby 2.0 audio as long as they are watching the movie. So, who are the movie studios trying to fool with these half-assed releases? How in the world do the movie studios expect us to put forth the extra money and buy some of these titles when they do things like this on big budget releases?

- Nick