Originally Posted By: GRS0002
I was wondering if anyone has done a side by side comparison between the no longer available M40 and the current M22. I don't have the opportunity to A - B them in the same room with the same electronics hooked up prior to purchase. The M22 has the advantage of the additional driver, but the M40 has the advantage of a larger speaker cabnit.
Surround sound mostly movies and TV with little music. M40 or M22 would be the fronts of a 7.1 system with vp150, 2 qs8's, 2 qs4's, and a non-axiom subwoofer. My room size can be supported with a good bookshelf or a small tower.

Any opinions as to which would create a fuller sound and which creates a larger soundfield, or just any personal bias against one or the other if you have some reasoning behind the bias.

Thanks.

I have directly compared the M40 and M60s as well as briefly owned M22s in the past and I have to agree 100% with Alan.
the M40s are dull in detail in the mid range compared to the other two models. However if you are going to compare the more full sound or larger sound field, the M40s would accomplish this better than the M22s.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."