Thanks for the info on the Little Dot, it looks very interesting to start out with.

Originally Posted By: Efalardeau

In the meantime, he was going to buy the Mk V (solid state) for xmas. So I just bought it. If I like it, I keep it and if I don't, he'll buy it back from me. So, nothing to loose!

If you find the time I would like to hear what you think of it.

Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth

I know there are a few people on this board that can't stand tube amps, and they are absolutely entitled to their opinion. They do slightly alter the sound, and some people can't stand that. Warmer, smoother, smokier are all adjectives I'd use. I like it.

I also like the effect especially when used with detailed sounding speakers just didn’t have a secure enough job at the time I was shopping for my system to indulge myself. I’m also looking for a house right now and don’t want to skimp on my preferences this time around. Which is why I’m definitely going to get something I can use both for headphones now and integrate into my speaker system later.

Thanks for all the help lots to digest here already.
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1