One thing that has always bothered me with my projector setup, is that I've always thought the icons/text on my huge screen looked a bit blurry. It has always been hard to get a uniform focus across the screen equally. I've been told that can be normal for PC/Projector setups, as the movies always seem to look pretty good. Adding the anamorphic lens for cinemascope movies even made this worse.

I've adjusted the appearance settings for the font and icons and that has helped, however, I always find myself messing with the focus and other settings. I've always been weird about adjusting stuff. Even when I was a kid playing Intellivision, I was always messing with the contrast, brightness, etc. on our tv's to get the best picture.

I found a setting tonight that made a huuuuge difference. Now when sitting back 13-17ft., it no longer bothers me to cruise the web and Axiom forums.

What I did was adjust the DPI (dots per inch) from the default 96 to 120dpi, under the advanced graphics settings "General" tab. This in addition to using a little larger font setting on the "Appearance" tab has made a huuuuuge difference.

fyi, end of blog

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85