Well NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

Ha ha ha...

Ok well I guess I'll have to take you guys word on that, but personally I guess I would just feel more comfortable knowing that I'm pushing a 4 ohm speaker with a power supply that is rated at 4 ohms (the PMA-2000 is a 2 channel reciever, and is rated to drive 4 ohms) to match... that's just me though, I'm strange that way.

I guess part of it also comes from a review on the 4802 that I read where the reviewer described the Denon as an exceptional pre-amp, but the power supply was middle of the road. In his review he pretty much made the case that true audiophile systems are comprised of separates & that there basically aren't any recievers that deliver true audiophile quality sound from their power supplies. I will say that my current set-up sounds strained when turned up to maximum levels while listening to music, but I attribute most of that to the Cerwin Vega towers being entry level speakers and not high-end.

But I guess I took that reviewers philosophy to heart and have craved a separate amp to push my mains ever since. And the fact that I am now buying a system that calls for a 4 ohm rated amp seemed like the best excuse so far to do so! Tee he he...

But the extra channel won't be wasted, I have a pair of speakers out on the deck that I can run into the 4802 and listen to my music while I'm outside grilling now.... SUPER SWEET!!!!

Oh but I am glad to hear that the Denon is capable to run 4 ohms. I was feeling somewhat disheartened thinking that it wasn't as flexible as some of the other brands out there. When I was shopping for my reciever it was a toss-up between the Denon and a Yamaha. And after 4 years with the 4802 I'm increadibly happy with it as a surround reciever. With the new speakers I'm hoping to fall in love with it all over again & appreciate it musical abilities more now that it will have more compitent speakers to compliment it.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD