My amp has 2 main speakers output, I would run my M50's on one and the other pair on the other ...

Like yesterday, I was listening to a couple of CD's from Joe Satriani, the guitar player. It seems that his guitar got lost when the whole band joined in, it sounded ok when he was the only one playing, but when the band kicked in, I totally lost his instrument. The drums and bass do not suffer from this ...

This is just an example, but I tend to hear that with many different CD's from my collection. I have been a musician ( guess what, the guitar ... ) for many years, so I have an idea of what it should sound like, and it's just not there, it's missing something.

They sound better at very high volume I noticed, but at lower listening volume, I witness fading ...

Patrick
I must admit that for the price I paid ( in 2001 ), they blew away the competition and I was'nt able to afford any better. You could describe me as an Axiom devotee. Axiom may not be the be all end all speakers, but bang for the buck wise, I am more than satisfied ...

Patrick Sansoucy Startup audiophile