Originally Posted By: Micah
Ok now for my next question... Since the Blue Ray player is going to be doing the decoding for me, what do I set my reciever to? I'm thinking either 'Pure' or 'Pure Direct' since the HDMI cord will be plugged directly into my TV. I wouldn't want to color that pristine True HD signal with any Dolby Digital crap after all!!!!

From Page 33 of the manual

Input mode selection function
Different input modes can be selected for the different input sources.The selected input modes for the separate input sources are stored in the memory.

• Selecting the external input (EXT. IN) mode
Press the EXT. IN (on the EXT. IN button on the remote
control unit) to switch the external input.

From Page 38 of the manual

Playback using the external input (EXT. IN) jacks

Set the external input (EXT. IN) mode.
Press the EXT. IN (on the EXT. IN button on the remote control unit) to switch the external input.

Once this is selected, the input signals connected to the FRONT-L , FRONT-R, CENTER, SURR.-L (surround left) and SURR.-R (surround right) channels of the EXT. IN jacks are output directly to the front (left and right), center and surround (left and right) speaker systems as well as the pre-out jacks without passing through the surround circuitry.
In addition, the signal input to the SW (subwoofer) jack is output to the PRE OUT SW (subwoofer) jack. When EXT. IN is selected, the input signals connected to the EL (effect left) and ER (effect right) jacks are output to the PRE OUT (SBL and SBR) jacks.

Selecting the EXT. IN Inputs will bypass the processing performed by your receiver, so you will need to set up the speakers distance and crossover in the player's setup menu jsurt as you did in the receiver.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton