I just got a refund on my Denon PMA-2000 because it is no longer manufactured so Audiophileliquidators couldn't sell me one. So the hunt for an amp continues... I stumbled across 'Emotiva' who touts itself as an 'affordable audiophile' company. Well if I had a nickel for every company I've seen that advertised something like that...

So anyway if anyone here can vouch for them they do seem very affordable. But the rule of thumb is usually 'you get what you pay for', right? But then again Axiom produces speakers compete against speakers in much higher price ranges from what I've read, so maybe Emotiva is the real deal as well.

A question I do have is I'm looking at the XPA-5 that runs 350 watts to 5 channels at 4 ohms (M80's would have ample power), but what about the other 3 speakers, would running them at 4 ohms damage them? Or is there a way to run the M80's at 4 ohms and the other 3 speakers 8 ohms? It seems to me it has to be one or the other. In that case I'll have to buy the XPA-2 and run all the rest of the speakers from the Denon. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, I'm sure the Denon has more than enough power to run the surrounds cleanly.

Maybe I just answered my own question then... the XPA-2 would probably be the better set-up.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD