This may sound like a love-in for Oppo but one can't deny the way they conduct their business. Even though I already have a BD player, in addition to having a 980 I am strongly considering buying their upcoming Blu-Ray player not only because of their quality and price points but also their service and attention to detail is off the chart. For eg: the 980 has had two firmware updates and a third now in a beta test not necessarily to correct any problems of any consequence but to actually "IMPROVE" the operation of the player! The beta test being done for later release is because they found two particular SACD's that weren't playing at top efficiency in the player. I didn't want to be bothered burning a CD to do the updates so I e-mailed Oppo, they replied within an hour and said a firmware update CD was in the mail. I got it a week later, threw it in the machine and in less than two minutes the update was done with the new onscreen menus! What mainstream company would come close to providing that kind of back-up service to its customers? Even if the BDP-83 is a little more expensive, considering the whole package Oppo provides, I am sure it will be well worth it.