This past weekend I visited a Paradigm dealer and listened to most of their lineup. My wife and I were very impressed with it, and the CD's we brought with us sounded anywhere from better to amazing, depending on which model we were listening to. The one that really caught our ears was the $750/pair Legend. It just really seemed to bring the music alive in ways that neither one of us have ever heard from our Take 5 system. Even compared to higher end models, such as the Monitor 5 or even the Stuido 40, the Legend seemed smoother and more accurate.

Now here's my question. I am very interested in specific opinions on Paradigm speakers vs. Axiom. I am absolutely not trying to start a Coke vs. Pepsi battle here, but just a relative newbie seeking information. I'd love to hear from someone who now owns a pair of M60's or M22's that used to own a Paradigm "X" speaker and why they like their Axiom better, or what they miss about the Paradigm (but why their M22's are still better )

I'm almost sold on the Axioms just from what I've read here and on other HT forum's, but it's hard to buy a set of speakers when you haven't heard them. Yes, I'm well aware of the 30-day trial, but there's still the hassle and cost of shipping them back if I (or my wife) didn't like them.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office