Hey fellow Axiom owners. \:\)

I just joined your ranks a few days ago when my HT setup arrived. I have: VP150, 2x M60v2s, and 2x QS8s.

The equipment all arrived in good shape, no box damage. However, I took out the VP150 and noticed a small dent in the cone of the rightmost woofer. I e-mailed Axiom about this after I found it and they are sending out a replacement woofer to fix the cosmetic damage.

I hadn't yet hooked up the VP150 and heard it. I did this last night. The LEFTMOST woofer cone is distorting or making a buzzing noise during video game dialogue and presumably on other material as well. It sounds like the cone isn't fully connected to the surround or something is vibrating against it at certain frequencies. I pulled that driver out last night and didn't see anything that looked "broken" but I'm also not 100% sure what to look for. My receiver is brand new, a D*e*n*o*n AVR-789. I haven't run any calibration yet, this is currently at bone stock settings. The only oddity at the time is that I haven't yet hooked up the rears, and I told the receiver as much. It was only using the front three. I had the M60s set to "large" with an 80hz crossover and the VP150 was set as "small" (so it shouldn't have been getting much bass).

Is this at all common for VP150s? I'm going to contact Axiom again on Monday, but in the meantime I think I will swap the buzzy driver with the dented one (Left/right swap) and see if the noise moves with the driver as I suspect it will...

Last edited by bradenmcg; 12/21/08 06:00 PM. Reason: added details about receiver