Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Sure! The more the merrier. \:\)

The D90 was a long-time coming for me. It just sort of came together as a Christmas present. Prices on D90 bodies really hit some new lows a couple of weeks before Christmas and I took advantage of it.

Along with home theater, my other big hobby is photography. I'm certainly an amateur but I greatly enjoy it. I've had a D70 since late '04. I've taken almost 8,000 photos with it. It's been a great camera. But after reading months of reviews of the D90, I decided that it was time to upgrade. So far, the D90 is pretty amazing. It's truly a fantastic camera. Amazing sensor & metering, very cool features. I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a DSLR, especially if you're a Nikon fan.

The PS3 was a complete surprise. I'm still a little shocked at the extravagance of my in-laws. \:o Apparently I'm taking good care of their daughter ;\)

I also bought a D90 last month ftom Costco online. This is my first DSLR camera so it was a bit like buying an F15 fighter for someone who has only flown RC planes. In order to understand the concepts little more, I bought Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and The BetterPhoto Guide to Digital Photography by Jim Miotke. On advice of some friends, I also bought two clear filters, an extra battery, a camera case, a camera bag, two memory cards, a memory card reader, a lens cleaning kit, and a remote for the D90. This is one expensive hobby so far. I hope the pictures to come will eventually justify some of the cost.

John
Our HT