It's funny that this issue comes up again and again but I have found in my case with a 1080i RP CRT that in investigating this issue of newer receivers passing both HDMI and component, in my E-mail requests to most of the mainstream companies, (Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo etc.) don't support a simultaneous hook-up of HDMI(audio-only), component output to an appropriate monitor for specifically 1080i out of a Blu-Ray player. I am not sure about the other set-ups or non-component video connections. The consensus of responses from these companies, however, seem to be is that they don't support multiple video input/output connections when HDMI is involved. I guess the paranoia comes from appeasing the movie studio masters. In order to get ALL the soundtracks out of the HDMI connection they advise that the only way you can do it is by DIRECT video hook-up to the TV. This is even if you have a player like the BD-55(which I own) which allows you to split the HDMI audio and video out separately OR the forthcoming Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player which outputs ALL the audio and video thru all the types of connections at the same time. This is kind of a pain because if you have to do it like this it takes away the audio/video switching capabilities of your receiver. This is why I am waiting for the new pre-pros from Emotiva or Outlaw because unlike the AVR's they WILL support simultaneous audio/video switching between HDMI and component directly thru the processor, that is until I eventually get a newer monitor with HDMI inputs. Incidentally, for the record, the BD-55 will(thru the set-up menu) allow 480i output.