I'm trying to help setup a sound system for my dad's living room. He has a large room with cathedral ceilings. Due to the fact that he has an entire wall of windows on one wall, three openings to hallways and two pocket sliding doors to contend with---a traditional speaker setup is not possible. I can't convince him to have traditional speakers in the middle of the room, since putting them near a wall isn't possible. Even in-wall speakers won't work. So the only option left is a soundbar. The best one that I have been able to find is the Definitive Technology Mythos SSA-50. This doesn't rely on reflections off of walls as much as from other brands, like the Yamaha for example. In the couple of reviews that I have read they have paired the SSA-50 with a Definitive 8-inch "sub" (if you can call it a sub). I doubt that that sub will be big enough for that room. So, I was leaning toward the Axiom EP350. Will this big enough for the room. If he was doing a more serious speaker setup for that room I would no doubt suggest the EP500. But, I am trying to get something to match the more modest setup that he has. I don't know if I can talk him into spending ~$1000 on a subwoofer when that is what the soundbar is going to cost as well. However, I don't want him to get the EP350 and be disappointed since it is too small for the room. Any suggestions (even if they are not Axiom subs, but Axiom is on the short list of candidates)?

- Nick