hello, new to the forum so please forgive any novice errors...

i have a pair of m22 v2 axiom speakers which i'm running from an old pioneer sx750 amp/tuner. i bought this amp at a garage sale for $10, it's in fairly good shape but there's definitely some dust in it, most of the knobs crackle when turned...anyway, i have noticed since i got the speakers that they regularly crackle, especially when playing, say, solo piano works or recordings with a similarly small range of dynamics (whereas I don't detect it when there's a full ensemble playing or some rock). likewise, when i use my headphones (AKG701) i hear crackling, same as with speakers but i also notice it on isolated bass sounds as well(but not bass in a fuller instrumentation).

the crackling doesn't sound like the speakers/phones are "blown" but rather that the signal is busted, kind of like it's too weak or something, -- but then again, i don't know what blown speakers sound like. the fact that i noticed this with new speakers and headphones also leads me to believe it's the receiver -- or the power.

any one have any insights on this? i live in an old building and our electricity will go off if we use too many devices at one time -- could this have something to do with it? i can try to be more detailed but i feel like this post is already quite long.

sorry i'm such a n00b...