Originally Posted By: Kruncher

320 Joint... you sure that wasn't 420 joint that you ripped?

I double checked the settings in the manual portion of the Media Monkey ripper and 320 was the highest available. Also in the display they are showing that the bitrate is 320. Are there higher settings available? If so how are they accessed?

Originally Posted By: myrison

Thanks Dean - enjoyed reading through that as well (until I realized I ripped all my songs in 320 Joint Stereo).

I did 3 blind listening tests before making that decision and couldn't pick any of them out, so maybe your ears are a bit more golden than you give yourself credit for!

Ok maybe I’m developing a better ear but my gut feeling is telling me its something else. When you did your test did you use headphones or speakers? I just retested “Der Kommissar” as it had the most pronounced stereo effects and on my M22s I got the following results with a direct A/B comparison knowing which track was playing .

1. FLAC - NA
2. MP3 Stereo 128 - MP3
3. MP3 Stereo 320 - couldn’t tell
4. MP3 Joint Stereo 128 - MP3
5. MP3 Joint Stereo 320 - couldn’t tell
6. MP3 Dual Channel 128 - MP3
7. MP3 Dual Channel 320 - MP3

The delay that was so pronounced it gave away the MP3 on the headphones wasn’t noticeable on the speakers.

I intentionally used the Sennheisers for my tests as I figured they would be the most discriminating “speaker” I have.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1