I found the pricing of Axiom's 1400-8 to be way too high to be competitive, and now the proposed pricing on the 1400-2 to be just bizarre.

I guess Axiom doesn't intend people to use this amp with Axiom speakes. Let me clarify that. I have been in the audio (video) game for over 20 years. I have always followed the basic rule, your speakers (for 2 channel system) should cost at approx. 50% of your total system. Now, following this rule, If I own a pair of M80's I should be spending around a grand on electronics. Ok, so the M80's are a great value so lets call it one to one instead. That means I should be spending no more than $1600 on an amp, pre amp and CD player.

But in this case, Axiom isn't even in the ballpark with this new 2 channel amplifier. Axiom's pricing means I would be spending more than double on electronics than on speakers. So based on the rule up above, Axiom doesn't expect their speaker customers to use their new amplifer(s).

I have been an Axiom customer for over 20 years. What I always loved about this company is it's ability to design, manufacture and sell excellent products at realistic prices.

I don't know who they are marketing these amplfiers to in todays economy (it isn't me, anybody I know, or even the Axiom customer base).

I think Axiom has greatly missed the mark here. I hope this isn't a trend of things to come from this great company.

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990