I watch a lot of cable television through my local cable provider (Shaw). I subscribe to a fairly comprehensive cable package so I get both SD and HD channels using various audio formats - some DD 5.1 and some are played in Dolby PLx through my AV receiver.

When I first received my HT system (M60, VP150, QS8, EP500), I noticed that cable sound quality was fairly sibilant through my center channel. Lots of emphasis on the s's and f's. I got used to it and didn't notice it much after a couple of months.

Recently, however, I've been playing with my system and have been listening to a variety of different audio sources. Since then, I've come to notice the sibilance again and it is beginning to become fatiguing to watch cable television. While different channels have differing levels of sibilance, they all seem to possess it.

Now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my VP150 center channel that is causing the excessive sibilance. Please help!

Is cable television expected to have excess sibilance? Even HD 5.1 broadcasts seem sibilant. What do others on this forum experience when watching cable television? How can I confirm that my VP150 isn't overly sibilant/bright?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. BTW, my cable provider is Shaw Cable (in Calgary, Alberta, Canada). I mostly watch the major US networks in HD/5.1 along with a smattering of SD channels.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan