Most of my mp3s are encoded at 192K or higher; about 25% are encoded at 128K, but none lower. I've listened to them through Audio Technica noise-canceling headphones, and most of the sound pretty clean. Hopefully the M80s don't make them sound too bad and I can still bear to listen them through the Axioms.

Jay,

I was going back and forth on weather to audition the M60s and most likely would have been happy with them. But its that never knowing what you don't have. Most reviews I've read have them pretty close with differences being at high levels and clarity at lower levels.

I have a 1 year old, so most of my movie watching is when she is asleep. She can sleep through noise, but I won't be cranking the volume while she is sleeping. I'll appreciate the clarity at lower levels.

Also, by the time you pay return shipping, you've paid a good portion of the price difference.

I was all set and happy with the M60s, but too much free time and reading convinced me that M80s were the way to go. But if most music will sound better through the M60s, I'm not too sure.