But since no one has yet, I suppose I'll go on.

I tested DEQ (Dynamic EQ) today with my current settings (i.e. BFD equalizing the subwoofer after Audyssey had been run) and was happily surprised to see that it worked exactly as intended.

Below is one more comparative graph showing the DEQ does at -30 dB volume (on the receiver), which is the volume I normally listen to on DirecTV.

When listening at -30 on the receiver's volume, Audyssey is applying a ~15 dB bump starting around 12 Hz ranging down to a 6 dB increase at 80 Hz. This does result in really nice bass at low volumes, so it is a feature I enjoy.

Jay, you asked above if I like it / if it's worth it. To me, it is. I think the easiest way to think of it is the difference between having to turn your SW level up and down to match the volume level at which you are listening. While I've done that in the past before I had this feature and it wasn't that awful, this is a bit more convenient way to get more consistent bass at any volume level without having to adjust your channel level settings.

I suppose there's a good argument to be made that you're not getting the intended flat bass response when using this feature, but as someone who just plopped down some serious money on a subwoofer, I don't mind feeling the EP800 rumble at lower volumes as well. ;\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry