Seriously though, to answer some of the questions above, I do not have the Duet version of the Squeezebox. I have the older model where there is no LCD display on the remote control. However, because both models use the same library software called Softsqueeze, I think I can still safely answer your question.

On it's own, I don't think it supports viewing, browsing or sorting by ratings. But......because it is open source software, there are add ins for everything and I do mean everything. You can add extra tags, change the display, even turn the Squeezebox into a live time weather display or call display unit.

The plugins that I just loaded above allow you to integrate all your existing tags, like "rating" or even create your own. You can even create your own menu items in the display to browse by your new tag combinations.

For instance, all my classical music is in flac format. Following Erland's longgggg but simple when taken step by step instructions, I added in tags for Orchestra, Composer, Work and Movement. Then I created menu items so I can now browse just the classical music by choices like "Work by Composer", "Orchestra by Composer", "Work by conductor", etc. Your choices become endless.

You could easily do the same thing for ratings using this tool. However, if you check the plug in lists, you might find an easier to install tool that just adds ratings.

Last edited by Murph; 02/11/09 01:11 PM. Reason: caught 'some' spelling

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.