Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
I have a DICE Electronics adapter for my iPod that I use in my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. It connects to the SAT radio input and can display text on the stock head unit. I can use the steering controls to control the iPod. It also has another AUX input so you can use the adapter to connect another audio source. These types of adapters use the iPod dock out and sounds much nicer. BUT, it's much more expensive. Mine was about $100 and I did a self install which was pretty easy.

I prefer this because in my area, FM transmitters just suck. If you're in a metro area, like SF, LA, NYC, or any place with significant amount of stations, it won't work well. I've never had much luck. Honestly, you'd be better off connecting directly to the radio's AUX input.

Or if you can, even a tape adapter, but most new cars don't have a cassette anymore. If you do have a cassette player, there's an old Griffin adapter that would let you use your cassette FWD/RWD functions w/ the ipod and the tape adapter.

Google Griffin SmartDeck. It's cheap now...

That sounds a lot like the Peripheral I am using. One complaint I have with the Peripheral is for some reason, when I have the iPod in Shuffle mode, every once in a while it will turn shuffle mode off. This isn't too much of a PITA for me as I generally use Playlists that I put together with the Genius function.

I posted a responce at GM Trucks.com describing how to install one of these gadgets and they made a "how to" article out of it.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/resources/how-t...r-installation/