Originally Posted By: JohnK
Smitty, your QS8s, even when mounted on the back wall, are still side surrounds in a 5.1 setup. They should therefore be separated as widely as possible, even by varying distances, which can be compensated for by correct level calibration.

As has been discussed, actual biamping can't be accomplished with a Denon or any other receivers which have such a "feature", so yes, it's essentially meaningless marketing. There's only one main power supply section in a receiver and the output transistors in the several channels operate as valves to meter that limited supply out to the connected speakers as needed. The transistors have no power of their own and simply funneling the power to a speaker with two sets of output transistors(one previously unused for back surrounds)instead of one can't double the power, as some imagine, or increase it by any amount.

Thanks again for the info. I will probably mount them at the couch ends for now, and then add the side surrounds later. That way I won't have to move the one, and make another hole in the wall. I am really looking forward to hearing the Q's.

I will probably remove the Bi-amping cables once I receive the Q's. I have to recalibrate everything anyway.

I am sure that I will have more questions once I get them hooked up, so thanks again for the help guys.

Trying to wait patiently, but not succeeding too well.