I've been trying to find information on a good changer CD player and it's relatively difficult because so many people use DVD players for both.

Finally I took my research to popular companies websites and just looked at what they offered and searched for information based on product numbers.

One that I came across was the Rotel RCC-1055. Looking for further information led me to a discussion about how to hook up this unit to your receiver.

It was quite insightful, but led me to some further questions or statements I'd like to have verified if I could.

1. If I purchased a RX-V2400 or similar grade Receiver and plan to use their internal DAC's does it really matter how great the actual CD player is?

2. If I didn't want to use my receievers DAC's I would need to pipe the audio from the Rotel via analog cables right?

3. Analog cables ARE just regular RCA cables right?

4. If I am going to use the receivers DAC's and get the music via a digital connection, is there an advantage to optical or coaxial?

I have some other assorted questions about audio/visual, but I'll post them later when I have more time.

-Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore