Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

With a max of 60 marks around their face, the most precision you can directly read is two decimal places. A digital watch with a seconds counter shows four places of precision. That's two orders of magnitude better.

I don't understand your math. Both a digital clock (HH:MM:SS) and an analog watch (so long as it has a second hand) have exactly the same precision. Both tell the time down to the second. In fact, I have a couple of analog watches where the second hand moves every half or quarter second. Those are actually more precise than a normal digital watch that just displays down to the whole second.

Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

As for accuracy, even the best mechanical clocks will lose or gain a couple seconds within a month. But all it takes is a cheap, quartz based digital to maintain that level of accuracy over the course of a year. Again, an order of magnitude better.

I won't argue that. Which is why that the *vast* majority of analog watches use quartz movements. As accurate as any digital watch. The one purely mechanical I own does lose about 1 second per week. So no, it isn't as accurate as a cheap quartz digital watch. But with that one, the joy of it is more about the craftsmanship of the movement than the raw accuracy of the timepiece.

\:\) ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office