I have an older 12" Speakerlab sub hooked up to my Speakerlab satellite system that seems to need adjustments for each cd I play. I listen to classical music and I suppose the differences in recording companies, orchestras, halls and studios in which they record as well as the mixing of the music contribute to this problem. Another factor is the age of the recordings since my cd's vary from early 50's transfers to present sacd's and dvd-audio technology.

I am curious if this is an unusual phenomena for me or do others experience this problem to one degree or another. And if so, would a more up-to-dare sub help to solve my problem so that adjustments could be made less frequently?

For example would an EP350 help solve this irritation? Are the adjustments made on any subwoofer able to be accomplished via remote? Does the DSP chip in the EP400 & 500 series help to solve this problem?

I know to a large degree it is a matter of personal taste. I am rather tired of a boomy response for one cd and without any adjustments the next cd in my changer may have total inadequate bass.

Thanks for your input. Should you like to recommend other brands and models I'd be happy to consider them. My room is approx 1925 cu ft., and for now it is strictly a stereo setup.

My modest system of the near future will consist of a newly purchased Denon AVR-2309CI or an AVR-889; an already owned Pioneer DV563A DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio player; a new pair of Axiom M60's and a my present Denon DP23F turntable with a Shure V-15 Type III cartridge (I can't part with my boyhood vinyl collection). Of course this includes my older 12" sub powered by a 130 watt sub amp custom made to run my Speakerlab sub.

I have also been exploring audio component connection wiring and haven't yet to determine how important really good quality wiring will contribute to my listening enjoyment. Any thoughts on this? At some point I want to expand the system for surround sound and HT.

Some of you may have already read and answered my novice-like questions. There was a time some 20 years ago I was on top of all of this, but the field is far too complex now and this forum is a great resource. Thanks for your thoughts....Lee