ok, anyone have a clue what might be going on here, or has anyone else tried this?

I have a 500gb external USB HD that has all of my flac and mp3 files on it. When the drive is plugged into my desktop computer, I can stream BOTH formats to my 360 with Tversity and windows media player, and they both play fine.

However, if I manually plug the usb drive into my 360, the only files I can play are the mp3's... the Flac files don't even show up?

I am heading to Vicksburg MS for 4 weeks tomorrow morning and really wanted to bring my music collection along with me (even if that means listening to it through tv speakers at the hotel)

The only laptop I have is a laptop from work and they have recently removed our authority to install anything, so I can not install a player that supports FLAC, or even install the plugin that allows WMP to play FLAC files...

Any idea why the flac files will play on my 360 over the network but not directly through the usb drive?

I will probably bring a stack of CD's with me if need be, but I don't want to bring a lot.

-David