Originally Posted By: RANTARAVE

The name, "Imagine," is really close to "imaging."

Ok, I have the PSB Image series, which sounds a lot like...well Image. So it must be the best.

Originally Posted By: RANTARAVE
Well I know someone with psb stratus silver I's and they have excellent Imaging. Even alan said that the M60 and the stratus silver are comparable. The imagine series a defenate upgrade from the stratus series.

Hold on now. I think you got your speakers mixed up. The Stratus Series was the top of PSB's line (save for the occasional halo product) and they were fantastic. The stratus gold became the Platinum series and the Stratus Silver became the Synchrony series. (Notice they still share drives even after the name changes.) The Imagine series is below that level, with a different driver set. So your comparison of the Axiom M60 to the Stratus Silver to the Imagine is off by a pay grade. The Synchrony One B would be a closer comparison to the M60.

And I don't see the prices on the PSB site anymore, but if memory serves, the Sync series is considerably more expensive than M60s - around $2000 a pair. So the M60's compare to the $2000 PSBs, not the Imagine B, at $1000 per pair. And the Imagine B is not really a comparable to the M60. The M60 is a tower that gets down to 30Hz while the Imagine bookshelf is done by 55Hz.

As an owner, I like PSB as much as anybody, but you can't mix apples and oranges this way. Either pick a price apple or a class apple, but towers v bookshelf in wildly different prices classes is not the easiest way to compare (for you or us).

Also, I did extensive listening to the Stratus Silvers v my Image towers when I bought. The Stratus was a step up in clarity and dynamics, but not by leaps and bounds. That is why I went for the Image series. I say that because I don't really understand your view that the Imagine is an upgrade from the Stratus (now Platinum and Sync) series. The Imagine is an upgrade to the Image, not the stratus. I hope that helps your comparison.

Last edited by Zimm; 03/05/09 09:49 PM.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire