I am not exactly sure what the difference would be in sound between this and just adding another pair of smaller L/R speakers mounted high on the wall behind the existing L/R speakers. This will give you the "height" they refer to. Many receiver brands i.e Yamaha, Denon and Marantz have had this capability for years of hooking up an additional pair of L/R speakers, if you wanted it. Of course, Yamaha, has had this "presence" speaker feature which basically gave a little more depth to the front soundstage.

I have always contended that when it came to speakers, the "more the merrier". I mentioned in an an earlier thread, I have totally gone against the grain of what is "perceived" to be HT "by the book". In addition to the above 4 speaker L/R configuration, I am running "two" center channels and "four" RS speakers one M22 AND QS8 in each channel. I also have two RB surrounds. Of course, I have two multi-channel power amps to drive all this stuff.

I have always contended A/V should be about fun and trying different things. For me, it is easy to say since I have a large room and a reasonable WAF. It is quite funny though, once you balance everything properly and you get used to all this sound coming at you, when you atempt to pair down the numbers, it is just not the same anymore.