Originally Posted By: sirquack
Steve, with my MPS-1 I tried various modes, direct, stereo (80hz crossover), and movies (all speakers small/80hz crossover), and still had shut downs. The shutdowns occurred normally during explosions in movies, or when the music was turned up a bit, but not to insane levels.

Well, that to me blows all of their propaganda out of the water. If you crossed over at 80Hz, the M80 did not even see those supposed low impedance's between 10-20 Hz.

Listen, in the end people should buy what they are happy with. It's just fascinating to me that the Emotiva amps seem to be the only "high end" amps that have trouble with this speaker, yet my lowly 120W receiver never has a problem with it. I mean, when Micah came over we listened to the "Finding Nemo" fishbowl scene at 105db, and we listened to about 5 minutes straight of it. This was after we had already listened to music at this level for almost an hour. The Denon never had a problem. I just think something smells very fishy here.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7