Hi Stephane,

Originally Posted By: Riker

I can play music via winamp from my xonar digital out to my AVM digital in on AUX no problem, but when I connect it to my " DVD " digital input and play a movie from powerdvd or media player classic etc.. no sound. That is very strange because by all accounts, it should work.

Is there a reason you have to switch from AUX to DVD when switching from winamp to PowerDVD? On my Denon 2807 the same assigned digital input OPT2 handles all audio streams. If you haven’t try playing a DVD using the AUX input.

If you have any music or concert DVDs that has PCM stereo tracks try playing that and see if you get any audio on both the AUX and DVD inputs. Also try playing a DVD with the 2.0 option and see if you get any audio on both the AUX and DVD inputs.

If you have XP MCE try playing a DVD from Media Center.

If all else fails you can temporally use analogue cables which I have never had fail to work until we can figure out your digital connection issues.

Quote:

maybe as a test I will try using the onboard sound of the motherboard.. it's pretty crappy quality compared to the Xonar, but it will help in troubleshooting

Have you ever been able to play audio from a DVD connected to the AVM20 prepro?

Check the audio hardware properties and make sure the correct drivers for your xonar
Are loading.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1