I think for your size room, depending on your listening habits, the floorstanders are what you need if you like to listen quite loud and be able to fill that room with sound. A smaller bookshelf will fill a moderate size listening area quite nicely but you won't hear it well all around the room.

Have you heard the RF's? Do you like the way they sound? If you can handle the horn tweeters on the RF35s then by all means buy them. I think they are nice speaker, maybe a little too forward(bright sounding as some say) for my liking, IIRC. At 98 db sensitivity they will take very little power to reach some loud levels.

As Dr. House mentioned, I would recommend you stick with a good pair of floorstanders and get a good sub later. The floorstanders will cover the bass for most music easily making a sub not necessary, at least right away.

Maybe check the Hearing Things forum for someone nearby that could give you an audition of a set of Axioms. If you don't see any one that lives close by contact Axiom to see if there is anyone not on the list that they could contact on your behalf.

And welcome to the forum. \:\)

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70