Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Hello Nick20,

First off, welcome to the forum \:\) .

There have been some documented cases of some Axiom owners having shutdown issues with certain Emotiva Amplifiers (with the m80's) while others have had no issues (I forget the models off the top of my head). Some of the people that have had issues with Emotiva and the Axiom M80's are regular forum members here so they can provide you with better and more detailed information than I.
The most popular match with the M80's are the mid-higher end Denon avr models among the forum members here.

Good luck in your speaker journey!

Cheers!

hello Dr House \:\)

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I sure will go ahead and talk to members who have the M80s and ask them what would be a good amp to pair with them.

Originally Posted By: LT61
I recommend the M60s.

The reason is this....although there are some amps out there that can handle the M80's 4 ohm load, I prefer a speaker that does not give an amp "something it needs to handle".

The M60s will be great for what you are describing. If You have not read it already, I did a 5 year review in the "Stereo" thread that may help you decide.

I agree to what you say. I am fine with the M60s also but was just trying to be future proof \:\)

Will just go looking for the thread you have mentioned \:\)

Also, I have auditioned the Paradigm Studio 100s and B&W 683s.

In what category does the M60s fall when compared to the speakers above.

the reason i ask is, I haven't heard the Axioms in action \:\(