Speaks are too heavy at 13.5 lbs.. They only allow the QS8 to hang down a couple of inches from the ceiling.. Angling them into the area buys me 5" at the trailing edge but difficult to tighten as there is still NOT much room at the back edge to produce this angle, and the speak wants to "fall" into that position anyhow so I'm uneasy of how well it's tightened/supported. The omni20's are rated higher to accept the weight, the bar is a bit longer allows it to come more into the recommended 6" from the ceiling, plus it will still tilt.. The Axiom sites sells a good product it appears, only it really doesn't have the lenghth to put the top of the QS8 6" from ceiling as the manual specifies. However Axiom CS stated they'll work fine closer to the ceiling than the spcified 6", but being I have 9' ceilings I don't mind putting the 8's down a bit so they re not so compacted to the ceiling..

I'm sorry to ramble.. It would be sooo great if I had a sidewall option.. Just currious as to what is the preffered installation recomendation from users that use ceiling mounted QS8's

I'm a machinist/mech tecnician you'd think I'd come up with something.. \:o

fab5valentine