First off I am a complete noob when it comes to audiophile quality stereo equipment. I just recently got a bonus from work and I'm looking to buy a "nice" pair of stereo speakers. The Axiom M50's are about as much as I can afford or want to spend. I was all set to purchase them but they don't seem to be very highly rated on this site from what I've been reading. I just recently noticed that the Athena Audition AS-F2's are also similiar price and very well respected. I listen to a wide variety of music from Pink Floyd to much more bass heavy bands like TOOL. I'm not looking for bass that is going to knock me over but I'd like it to at least be present and noticable. From what I read the Athena's have much more kick in the base area then the M50's but I was wondering on how the mid's and uppers compared between the two. I know I could probably buy either of these and they would blow away my Bose Accoustimass 7 Series that I have now but I wanted to get some well respected advice. I've read many posts on this site and have learned quite a bit.
Thanks in advance.