Originally Posted By: drewy1
The funny thing is that my fronts are set to the highest value and this is -3.5db, so this should if anything increase the maximum volume. I should point out that the maximum setting on my volume control does not decrease. It always has a maximum of +18db regardless of what the channel gains are set to. The problem is that once I reach -8db maximum output is achieved. Increasing the output beyond -8db has no effect upon the output from the speakers. This is very frustrating.

Interesting (to me) that -3.5 dB is your highest set trim. With my Denon 1909 with old 90dB sens. bookshelf spkrs all (7.1) around (except in-wall sides), my max trims were fronts and sides 6+ - 7+. When I got my new (95dB) M80s they showed +7.0 & +7.5. I had assumed the better sensitivity would lower the trims.

Of course the trim levels don't really matter, but I am curious what factors do affect trim levels? Now I am guessing it may be room size and acoustic properties. It would be interesting to understand what affects trim levels. My room is 31'L x 23'W, with Aud. mic 12' from front speakers.

Drewy, do you have a smaller fully enclosed listening room?

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."