Hi BB,

Thanks for your comments. The M2v2 is certainly not "laid-back" nor is it forward. It IS very neutral and revealing of the original source material's recording quality.

I don't know the Mythos speaker, however, I was just about to post on the thread of "What's New at Axiom" a stunning new review of the Axiom M2v2 that's just been published at EnjoytheMusic.com Here is the link:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0509/aperion_intimus_5b_axiom_m2v2_paradigm_v6.htm
The review is well-written and an enjoyable read. Clarke Robinson, the reviewer, came to realize just how neutral the M2v2 is after some listening. He compared it to two other mini-monitors from Paradigm and Aperion.

I don't know that particular SACD; so long as both of your M2's drivers are all operating OK, I'd say that your M2's revealed the veiled quality of the Netrebko recording, and that perhaps your Mythos speakers have a very forward peak in the midrange/upper midrange that compensates for the dull vocal recording on the SACD.

In terms of Axiom's other speakers, the only two models that I'd describe as slightly laid-back or a bit less detailed are the M3s and M50s, but that is only noticeable in immediate blind A/B comparisons and it's extremely subtle.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)